Thursday, July 17, 2008

the first of many "OOPSes". . . .

Oh, well -- HI, everyone! Mea maxima culpa regarding missing the business about who can visit me and actually read La Blog. As I did explain this morning to my friends on one yahoogroup, my intention was to set the Comments for "moderated status." And, of course, not having Miss Willa here to literally & figuratively hold my trembling hand (you have NO idea how hard new things are for me to master), I did it wrong. (IT'S ALL WILLA'S FAULT!!) So, my apologies to you who tried twice or three times to access this page, and thank you, thank you, for trying again. +++ Today's bloggy task will be to add a partial list of My Very Necessary Other-People Blogses. Observation comin' atcha: have you noticed that virtually every single blog list (by crazyquilters, that is) contains a link to BOTH Sharon Boggon and Allison Aller? How proud they must be! So, since both of their e-journals are without a doubt too amazing to miss, I will join the rest of you who know what's-what and add them happily to my own list. I also noticed that most CQing blogs have In the Willawags and Wind From the East, too. All of my truest CQing buds have the greatest blogs, and I think they must work very hard on keeping them so lively and so interesting to read -- and so beautiful to look at, which sets a very high standard for this particular newbie/bloggette (what?). I just hope I don't overlook a single one of their blogs in case someone who hasn't visited them yet needs a lot of inspiration. . . . . +++ One last note: several of my Best Blogs are not about crazywork -- most notably, Alicia Paulson's "Posie Gets Cozy." If you've not yet made her bloggy acquaintance, you have a major treat (and intellectual/creative/visual gift) in store. Can't even imagine life without her eloquent musings and shared craftiness. Am also a totally smitten fan of several "cottage-style-decor" promoters/practitioners and have thus included links to their offerings. Just so you know. Don't mind the sites about vintage APRONS, please! I have no idea where that came from, but I loves 'em too much, and I just found a new blog Tuesday eve. Then, I gotta make sure you're regularly checking out the "dedicated dealers" of authentic antique Crazyquilts and "Almost-Crazy" Quilts (old, gorgeous FANS and LOG CABINS, mostly); so you'll find their website addies here, eventually. +++ That's all until I do my hourly walk-about to keep my precious circulation going. The newest Mantra for a certain computer-slave I know: "Sedentariness KILLS." (One must say this over and over and over again until one finally gets it!) Having lost almost twelve pounds of carole since the last week of May by doing these incredibly tiny, incredibly obvious things makes me think that baby steps might be the only way for some of us arrogant first-borns. I grin weakly when I say that, and don't believe otherwise! +++ Thanks for coming back. 'Bye for a little while. . . . .+++ (ps: it really isn't Willa's fault -- not really.....)

20 comments:

Marci said...

How nice to see you have a blog - I've added it to my list of favorites.

Take care,
Marci (Kansas City)

Thelma said...

Yeaa...Miss Carole,,so glad your up and running. You will get the hang of it. Looking forward to hearing more from you,,you take good care of yourself, can't wait to meet you in November.

Susan said...

Phooey, I think Blogger ate my comment! Great to have you blogging with us, Miss Carole. Maybe you should share those tiny obvious pound-losing things with the rest of us. =)

NormaH said...

Hello Miss Carole,
At last we meet in blogland LOL
Have fun with the rest of us who are enjoying our journey into cyberspace.
Peace and blessings!

Candi said...

Miss Carole, soooooo glad to "see" you! lol Hey we've all had our goof's setting up our blogs, your's was a good one. Glad to see more of you on CCS too.
Lots of HUGZ:)
Candi

Valerie Bothell said...

Welcome to blog land Miss Carole...I am guess I am an arrogant first born also....Ha!

Love,

Miss Val

Valerie Bothell said...

Dear Miss Carole,

Welcome to blog land...I guess I am also one of the arrogant first born...Ha!

Love,

Miss Val

Jo in NZ said...

Welcome to the world of blogging.
How exciting to have you here.

Ati said...

Dear Miss Carole, first of all : thank you for your wonderful book which is a source of inspiration for me.
Thanks for starting this blog, I hope I can learn more from you about old CQ quilts. I really love them.
Greetings from Norway. Ati.

Karen South said...

Oh Miss Carole I'm so happy to see you have a blog. Now we can keep up with all your beautiful work. Can't wait to see more!

Kathy Raker said...

When "Crazy Quilting for Fun" posted you started a blog I immediately added you to my Goolge Reader. I am so glad I did since that little glitch prevented me from accessing your blog. You just can't leave Willa out of your sight next time. :) Love your book and templates.

Carol Ann said...

Soooo happy your blog is working. I don't think your'e unsmart, you know what a digicam is...

Gail said...

Glad to see you've joined us in blog land. It can be quite unnerving to learn the computer, but once you do it is a great thing. Just to say thanks for your book and templates I use them all the time. I am with Susan, tell us your secrets to weight loss. I could stand to lose a little bit of me.

Jeanne said...

bonjour miss Carole,
toutes mes félicitations pour votre blog, magnifique !
how nice to be able to read your blog, I have added it to my favorites .
Take care , amicalement,
Jeanne

Lauri said...

Hello There!
It is so nice to see you in the blog world. I look forward to seeing your CQing experiences.
Thank you so much
Lauri
http://dontcallmecrafty.blogspot.com/

allie aller said...

Miss Carole, I am SO glad to see you here!
Thank you for your kind words...
Wishing you much joy in Blogland!
~Allie

Carol Ann said...

So happy you have a blog....been trying to comment and finally realized I read my pw wrong. The CQ block is beautiful!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Hello Miss Carole! So good to see your writings -- I just love your style. Now that you're in the blogging world with the rest of us, come and "see" me.
http://maddiecanfly.blogspot.com

Lesa (CQForNewbies)

Hideko Ishida said...

Dear Miss Carole, I am late to be aware you have a blog now. It's so nice to hear your voice. And thank you very much for your kind words about my blog. Hideko

Hideko Ishida said...

Hello, Miss Carole,
It's so nice to see your blog now. Thank you very much for your kind words about my blog. Hideko